Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hoof Trimming Day & Bamboo Nostrils

Saturday, August 9th  30 minute ride  85°
Rode with Bill & Majesty

It always amazes me to see them balance with one leg high in the air

Had our farrier out this morning ... he showed up at 7:05 am and was finished with all five horses by 8:30 am.  Which is good because even in the shade his tools started to get hot. Yes, 8:30 in the morning and it was already 90 degrees.  There has to be some law against such horrid heat.

The clouds rolled in and the temperatures dropped later in the evening, so we dashed outside and tacked up.  Morgan was a bit of a snot while I was trying to mount, so I hopped off and had her lunge for three laps each direction.  That settled her down and she stood still when I tried again.
Rain is headed our way ... hopefully it will bring the temperature down

Took a quick 30 minute ride by Morgan's favorite bamboo snacking spot.  She reached over to grab a couple of leaves and one went up her nostril.  Her head popped up and she stared at me in wonderment for a few seconds.  I patted her neck and she tentatively reached in for another leaf.  All was well, but it did make me giggle.

Majesty had a bit of trouble with his footing ... when his toes get trimmed it takes him a day to get used to the new length.  Other than that, a nice, quiet ride with my besties.

No comments:

Post a Comment