Monday, August 18, 2014

Ah crap. A rattler.

Monday, August 18th  20 minute ride  90° - Thunderstorm earlier in the day
Solo

Headed off the property and wasn't gone 25 feet from the driveway when I heard a noise I thought was a cicada, looked to my right and saw this about 3 feet from Morgan's right hip ...

Tail facing me ... heading around a bush in a hurry ... my first thought? Rattler. Craptastic.
Rattlesnakes
Rattlesnakes

We moved away in a hurry and stuck to the roads after that!  When I got home, I looked up what kind of snake it was, and I'm glad to say it was probably just a gopher snake.  Harmless, but still not something Morgan or I wanted to see.
 Gopher Snake

Pictures were not taken by me, so links to their original websites have been included.

No comments:

Post a Comment