Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Newest Walking Partner

30 Minutes of Walking, 15 minutes ground work
Distance: 1.18 miles

Took Reagan out for a walk this morning.  Morgan tried to run out the gate and was not happy to be left behind. 

Psst, Reagan ... wanna go for a walk with me?
Reagan: Who me?
Me: Yes you cutie!

Awwww, thanks
 Reagan and I had good moments and bad ... she needs consistency when being led and she has some head-shy issues.  Looks like lead ropes must have been whipped near her head ... she's very jumpy and worried.  Some quiet talk and lots of rubbing for correct behavior/ positioning helped settle her down. We have a long way to go.

I can still hear my friends. Maybe we should head back.
We will, once you're done snacking.

We had to spend 15 minutes going in and out of the turnout gate and stall gates this morning. She rushes through with no thought as to where I am positioned, which is dangerous.

Made it safely home! Now, where's breakfast?
Coming your highness.

So we worked on standing still until asked to move towards the gate, and then walking (not rushing) through until asked to stop.  Just going to require a little more time to get her used to our rules.  She tries hard and I appreciate the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment