Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ahhh ... Back in the Saddle

34 Minutes Total
Walking for 20 minutes - Trotting for 12 minutes - Lope - for 2 minutes 
Distance: 2.42 miles  Average Speed: 4.23 mph

Three days in a row ... are you ready for this Morgie?
Hmmm.

Walked beside my Morgie girl for the first 15 minutes then we stopped at our normal spot so she could snack.  She took one mouthful and then walked over to the mounting area and stood still.  Ok then!  I hopped in the saddle and we headed down our path.  

We walked, we talked, we trotted, we sang out loud.  What a great way to start my morning!

We saw a neighbor as we were out and she shouted "I love seeing you squeeze in a ride so early!"  I replied "There's no better way to start your day than hanging out with your horse and seeing the world through fuzzy ears."  It's absolutely true.

Today I was in charge of scouting the path for obstacles and she was in charge of pace and direction.  It worked out wonderfully. Thanks Morgan!


No comments:

Post a Comment