Thursday, July 17, 2014

In Which I Don't Ride Morgan

Thursday, July 17th  Left at 8:40 pm  Arrived at 9:00 pm (approx)  94°
Rode with Bill & Majesty, T & Morgan, Me & Sundance

T sent me a text asking if she could ride Majesty.  I asked Bill, but he said he wanted to ride as well, so I offered Morgan to T instead.  I pulled Ms. Sundance out of the stall and had some serious trouble tacking her up.  She has a pull back issue, so I can't tie her off. She held still for grooming and the saddle pad, but once she saw the saddle, she took off and headed towards the east fence line and got herself stuck between the turn out and the fence.  *sigh*  I was able to turn her around and bring her back to the saddle.  Once it was cinched up, she dropped her head and I thought everything was going to be well.
Morgan snacking under the full moon on 7/11/14

I pulled out Morgan's headstall with the bit, but Sundance threw her head straight up. T came over and tried to help by sticking her fingers in Sundance's mouth, but no luck. Bill came over and all three of us tried, but after 10 minutes we had to admit it probably wasn't going to work.  Bill reminded me that she had come from a dude string for vacationers and probably had very negative experiences with people pulling on her mouth.I switched over to the bitless bridle and she dropped her head right in and opened her mouth just as polite as could be.

Same picture without the flash ... love how the moon looks like it's resting just above her back

All three of us rode out the North driveway and down the street before turning back towards the house.  At the intersection we turned left and went to the next intersection,  Halfway to the intersection Sundance decided she wanted to be in front.  Ok.  We turned back and let them trot a bit before making them walk down the driveway to the tack shed.  


Bill and T continued riding for a bit longer while I untangled Sundance's mane and groomed her some more.  Everyone came back and untacked.  Short ride, but it was nice to see Ms. Morgan carting someone else around in the pitch black and doing so very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment