Sunday, July 20, 2014

Clinton Anderson Clinic

Saturday and Sunday, July 19 & 20, 2014

Demonstrating flexing at the poll

Bill and I were able to obtain tickets to the Clinton Anderson Walkabout Tour in Las Vegas this weekend.  We arrived an hour late each day (I am so not a morning person), but according to the schedule we didn't miss much.  On Saturday, I learned the value of backing the horse and the riding demonstration showed me I need to work on flexibility.
After the show, we got a chance to chat with Ian Francis

My favorite part was when Ian Francis came out to demonstrate and discuss flying lead changes ... he made it look so easy!  I was able to spend two minutes discussing reins with Ian.  I was curious as to why he chose thin reins while Clinton espouses thick, heavy reins and he shared his wisdom with my husband and I.

After clinic party ... my arm is the 2nd one touching the table. 

Sunday was a better day in my opinion.  I enjoyed the trailer loading demonstration and the in depth backing demonstration and discussion.  They gave away many prizes (about 200), but I didn't win a darn thing.  On the other hand, I did get my book signed by both Ian and Clinton and I learned a few things and reinforced some things I had forgotten.  Came home with a renewed interest in working with my adorable Morgan.

All in all, a fairly good experience.

*** Be warned, this is NOT a family friendly show.  I don't know if it was just because he was in Las Vegas and he felt he needed to be more obnoxious or if he is always like that, but he cursed quite a bit and made jokes about women dancing on poles and drinking too much during breaks.  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment