Sunday, November 1, 2015

2 in 1 - First Bareback Ride on Rhulain

24 minutes - 0.92 miles - Morgan
 Morgan was more interested in snacking than how the new bitless fit or looked.  That's my Morgie girl ... never one to miss a meal.  Love her!
 We started out with me walking beside her, but after a half mile she stopped next to a sandy embankment.  I know her well enough to know that means "get in the saddle already."  So I did.  Absolute comfort.  Thank you Morgie!

18 minutes - 0.90 miles - Rhulain
Rhulain and I started out on the same path, but she didn't feel like walking ... she wanted to trot.  So, I obliged by climbing in the saddle and allowing her to set the path and pace.  It was so freeing!  I had to slow her down a few times because of footing changes, but we spent most of the time just trotting along merrily. *sigh* She's dreamy.

After we got home and I untacked her, she stood there with the back leg cocked watching me.  Her bare back looked so inviting.  I didn't think twice ... I hopped up on a tree stump, slid my leg across her back before I could second guess the wisdom of this action.
Yep, she was dreamy.  
I really got a feel for her and realized I need to slide her saddle back a bit farther to accommodate her shoulder action.  She stopped when I asked and allowed me to take a picture with flash before I slid off.  

Have I mentioned she's Amazing yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment