Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Life Lessons I Learned Today

30 minutes - 1.10 miles - Rhulain

I went outside with halter in hand and Morgan hid behind Sundance ... as if I couldn't see her hiding there.  I contemplated even bothering with a walk, but Rhu was at my shoulder and wanted attention.  So, I switched gears and haltered Rhulain.

 We didn't take the route that I had planned on using ... we went straight instead of turning right. What a difference those two tiny choices made in my morning!

We climbed sand dunes, walked in ravines, played hide and seek with a jack rabbit, put hoof prints in sand where there were no other tracks, and found a new scritchy spot that Rhu absolutely loves.  

We faced down scary soda cans that rolled and clattered against rocks, we squeezed through spaces walking single file, we followed lizard tail drag marks rather than beaten paths, and Rhu hugged me when we stopped to admire the view.  
We adventured. Together.

The lesson I learned from today: Be open to changes ... you never know where they will take you, but you'll certainly miss the magic if you insist on getting your way.

Did I get my walk done? Yes.  
Did it happen the way I had planned? No.  
It was so much more than I had anticipated!

No comments:

Post a Comment