Thursday, February 25, 2016

Mourning the loss of my lead rope

69 minutes - 2.57 miles - Rhulain

Walked with Rhulain this morning for 2.0 miles, then hopped in the saddle for the last half mile.  She was a little spooky at two spots, but nothing too bad.  A quick reassurance and we were back on track. 
Only downside today - I had looped her lead rope off the hitching post.  When I started to walk off, she tried to follow me and found that she was tied.  She pulled back and before I could get to her, the lead broke. *sigh*  
I grabbed a new lead rope and tied her off again.  This time I walked backwards away from her and since she held still, I came forward and praised her.  Did it two more times just to be sure she got the lesson.

Going to miss that lead rope. It was definitely my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment