Sunday, August 30, 2015

Rhu = Amazing

42 minutes - 1.75 miles - Rhulain

 When I first saw Rhu's picture on the rescue website, I knew I loved her.  People questioned why I would buy a horse from the other side of the United States unseen. My husband offered to fly me to New York so I could see her in person and ride her to make sure.  But me, I just knew that she would be amazing.  She's proved me right every single day.
Today was no exception. We wandered through new scenery, different footing, the "salt flats," went around sand dunes, climbed small and medium embankments, watched clouds float lazily by, and just were there, in the moment, with each other.  No rush, no schedules, no training, just pure peace.

I must have hugged her neck and told her she's amazing 25 times during the ride. I meant it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment