Monday, August 17, 2015

My Crabby Morning.

15 minutes - ground work - Rhulain
The morning started out yucky and got worse. Rhulain and Morgan were not respecting gate rules, each trying to shove each other out of the way. Rhu wouldn't drop her head or hold still for the halter. We had to have a few "discussions" before ever getting out of the turn out.

I had intended to walk Rhu halfway down the street and then ride to her normal snack area.  Grooming = fine.  Hoof pick =  not so fine.  She kept yanking her rear hooves and then tried to walk off.  Since she was a fan of moving, she got to lunge. 

More "discussion" ensued when I asked her to change directions.  She was hard eyed, but she was listening while she worked.  After about 15 minutes we got a nice calm trot in both directions and then we slowed it to a relaxed walk.
So I called for a halt.  Bit of heavy breathing going on (for both of us), but her face was so stinking adorable I melted.  Kissed her soft nose and led her over to finish picking her hooves.  

She very politely gave up her hind hooves and snuggled a little while getting her mane brushed.  

I had yelled at Ryver for chasing the goat, yelled at the chickens for being in areas they shouldn't be, yelled at Morgan for being pushy, and yelled at Rhulain for not holding still for haltering.  

My mother always said, "If it seems everyone else is the problem, chances are, the problem is you."  Dang it.  I apologized to everyone.  Everyone except the chickens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment