Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Time Well Spent

37 minutes - 1.29 miles - Rhulain
 Rhulain shoved the other horses out of the way and waited at the gate for me.  Can't wait to spend time with you too Rhu-barb!  We spent more time than normal grooming then we did a few minutes of ground work before we headed out.
 At the halfway point, we spent more time than normal snacking before I slipped the bitless on and tightened up the cinch.  I know I was planning on not riding any more, but it seemed like we were ready to try again. 
I spent more time than normal just standing there once in the saddle.  Rubbing her neck and breathing softly.  When she licked my boot, I knew we were ready.
When we moved off, I practiced what I learned from my riding lesson ... toes forward, whole leg on her, alternate pressure in conjunction with her stride, and keep connection with the reins.

It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment