Friday, April 8, 2016

First Snake of the Season

46 minutes - 1.73 miles - Rhulain
It rained last night, and I cannot resist putting the "first" footfalls in the open desert.  I invited Luppy along and she never stopped grinning!  We wandered down some paths we hadn't been on for a while and were merrily strolling along until we saw this ...
The snake was coiled but not moving.  Rhu and I stopped in tandem.  While I was pondering if the snake might be dead, it's head turned in our direction.  Rhu and I started backing up while I fished around for my phone to take a picture.  Just then Luppy came trotting down the road towards the snake  ... fortunately she stopped when I gave the command, but she looked hurt.

I took a picture and three of us gave the snake a wide berth as we continued on our walk.  It was nearly 60 degrees, barely drizzling, and we'd only walked half a mile ... I don't think any of us were ready to head home just yet.

We avoided this path on the way home and no one was worse for the snake sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment