Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Dinos in the Fridge & My First Lesson

This is what passes for humor at our house.  Dinos in the refrigerator.  Yep, that just happened.
So, I had my first English riding lesson today.  It's so very different! The saddle looks like it weighs 5 pounds instead of 35, the cinch is called a girth which buckles on (what?), and there's strange headgear (figure 8?).  BUT, the saddle was super comfy and I didn't feel unsafe even though I was on a ginormous Warmblood/TB mix that made me feel like I was 25 feet in the air.
Things to practice before the next lesson: toes forward, legs on horse all the time, alternate leg pressure at every step.

Cripes. It's like learning to drive stick shift all over again.  Only I didn't have aches in my back and legs when I learned to drive stick shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment