Monday, September 1, 2014

What's this green stuff?

Monday, September 1st  90 minute ride  95° 
Rode with Bill & Majesty and Glen & Pumpkin

Our insurance agent needed us to sign some paperwork and said he would drive out to our little town. So naturally, we invited him to join us for a horse ride.  We drove to the other side of our valley (a mere 11 miles away) and experienced a vastly different landscape.
Morgan: What is this green stuff?
Me: Grass Morgie. Give it a try.
Morgan: Nom, nom, nom, nom

Morgan spent most of the trail ride tasting the local vegetation ... but she always asked permission before snacking and never stopped moving unless I asked. 

I spent most of my time listening to my iPod and dancing in the saddle.  That takes some serious concentration and talent.  

Morgan and I lead the way most of the time and I'm glad to report I only lost the trail once (maybe twice). I did not admit this to the two guys following us ... what they don't know won't hurt them.  Besides, they were too busy chatting to notice me forging a new trail.  

Tried riding Morg with no reins for most of the ride.  She did exceptionally well.  I only picked up the reins three times and for less than a minute each time.  She responded to all leg cues and a gentle push on the side of her neck if I needed her to adjust her position.

No comments:

Post a Comment