Monday, October 10, 2016

Mondays with Morgan, Majesty, AND Rhulain

1.80 miles - 40 minutes - Majesty
1.59 miles - 30 minutes - Morgan
0.75 miles - 26 minutes - Rhulain
 I went outside with the intention of taking a nice, long ride.  With the wind kicking up, there were only two horses I trusted ... Majesty and Morgan.  Majesty pushed the stall door so I knew he wanted to go.  He was patient while I adjusted the fit and stirrups of the Aussie saddle.
 It was a nice, uncomplicated ride.  He wasn't sure about the path I chose (too rocky for him), so we opted to follow washes.  He was good as gold until I turned him towards home ... then he wanted to trot.  Turns out, I have no idea how to sit a trot in this saddle. Ha!
 I exchanged Majesty for Morgan and headed back out starting down the same path.  However, she didn't like the path either and veered west.  Well, ok.  We wandered through the sand dunes (which surprised me as she usually hates them) and ended up in the area I call the salt flats before heading home.  She, too, wanted to trot home.  Had only marginally better luck sitting the trot ... I'm leaning way too far forward and reaching for a horn that isn't there. 
After lunch and a nap, I figured I had enough energy for one more horse.  Rhulain met me at the gate and was anxious to get out.  We did ground work, trailer loading practice, and then saddled up.  I had to retrieve the neighbor's dog out of our yard and return it while Rhu stood patiently waiting for me at the front gate.  We did a short half mile since the neighbor's dogs kept getting out and chasing us around.  So, we went home and did a few figure 8s in the front yard while I worked on trotting in this saddle. 

So glad I have patient horses.  Love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment