Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Morgan takes me home

39 minutes - 1.53 miles - Morgan
 It's been too long since I got snuggle time with my horses.  Both Rhu and Morgan mugged me as soon as I entered the turn out.  Both got scratches and hugs before I headed out for a walk with Morgan.

It was windy and getting dark but Morgie was completely relaxed. She showed some interest in a garbage bag that was in an odd spot, but after a quick sniff, she dismissed it.
I haven't been able to walk with them much because of the pain in my knee. After 1.25 miles, I was in too much pain to continue.  I asked Morgie if she'd carry me home and she stood stock still and carried me home quietly and safely.  

She walked up to the gate and moved sideways so I could reach the latch and open the gate.  Then she stepped inside and turned to allow me to shut the gate.  She carried me to the turn out and waited quietly for me to slide off her back and unhalter her.  I was so happy.

This mare has taken care of me for the past five years and boosted my confidence immensely.  Without her, I am positive I wouldn't be riding anymore.  So very thankful for Morg!

No comments:

Post a Comment