Tuesday, May 17, 2016

So EXCITED!

19 minutes - 0.68 miles - Morgan
18 minutes - 0.72 miles - Rhulain
Morgan, the foster child, and I took a walk this evening to the end of the street.  On the way back to the house, I thought about riding Morgan for the quarter mile home.  But, I only had a halter and a lead rope, and I'd never ridden bareback off our property ... do I dare?
I did!
I clambered up a dirt embankment and lined her up.  As I started to slide across her back, the dirt caved, and I smacked my lip with my phone (I'll have a fat lip for sure).  She was an absolute dream.  She kept a beautiful, even walk.  It was so dreamy that we extended our walk beyond the gate.  Absolutely magical ... thank you Morgie!
Still glowing, I asked Rhulain if she wanted to go for a walk.  She left her food willingly and joined me for a walk, even though the sun had set and the darkness was deepening.  We crossed the street with no trepidation, faced down oncoming traffic, and sauntered home.

Even though my horses were filthy from rolling in the rain, I couldn't imagine a more perfect experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment