Sunday, November 20, 2016

Rhulain Hates Soccer Balls. Morgan is Serenity.

60 minutes - 0.39 miles - Rhulain (groundwork)
33 minutes - 1.67 miles - Morgan
Worked with Rhulain and the ball.  She's still having trouble with it rolling towards or under her legs.  Tried working for 20 minutes in the stall, but we weren't getting anywhere.
I wish I had a round pen, but we made it work with a lead rope and open desert.  I walked ahead of her kicking the ball. As long as it was stopped or in front of her, she was wary but fine.  We'll need more work for her to be safe riding again.
Still enough light left to catch a ride, so I asked Morgan if she'd like to leave the property for a while.  We ambled about for a half hour just enjoying the solitude.  I'm so, so grateful for Morgie ... this was the ride I desperately needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment