Monday, April 20, 2015

Possibly Reagan's last ride

24 minutes
Rode Reagan, ponied Morgan
1.13 miles

20 minutes
Reagan, ground work

Reagan leaves either later this week or early next week.  I wanted to get in another ride or two to work out any kinks before she goes.  Figured I'd take Morgan with us, just to spend time with them both.

They are so adorable together.  Morgan took being ponied well, though she lagged behind most of the time.  Can't complain about the ride, they both did everything asked of them with nice forward momentum.

Such an odd view for me

Reagan gave me some guff when we got home ... she decided to run away from me when it was time to be put back in the turn out arena.  This caused her to have to work an additional 20 minutes after she was caught.  I was not happy having to chase her around, but was happy with her ground work.  Though she hadn't done ground work in nearly three years, she responded quickly to requests and kept her focus on me with only minor corrections.

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss this mare.  Wish I had room for six sometimes.  But, she will thrive being somebody's only horse ... she loves the attention and the grooming that comes with being somebody's absolutely favorite mare.  I'm happy for her and her new owner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment