Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Reagan's Ground Work

24 minutes
Reagan - ground work
0.14 miles

I knew it was going to be dark soon, but I wanted to work on Reagan standing still at the mounting area.  I saddled her up (and stole back my old saddle pad which Bill "borrowed" almost a year ago) but left her in a halter for flexing work.  She gave her head quickly, quietly, and consistently from both sides so I switched her to the bitless bridle.

We spent the next 15 minutes having her stand while I climbed in the saddle, then flexed her neck to each side.  Sometimes we flexed twice, sometimes three times, sometimes only once, but each time I settled in to the saddle she flexed before I asked her to move off.  I'll reinforce the lesson on Thursday and Friday just to make sure it's cemented and then let her new owner know what we've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment