Monday, June 30, 2014

Quick Ones

Sunday, June 29th  approx. 20 minutes
Monday, June 30th  approx. 15 minutes
2 Block radius from the house

My son was home from the Army this week, so I didn't want to spend a lot of time away from the house.  I managed to squeak in two quick rides "around the block" before we ate dinner both nights.

The small dogs near the neighbor's house slipped under the fence and came yapping at us and Morgan froze. I started talking softly to her and rubbing her neck, while letting her stand as long as needed to work the situation out.  With minimal encouragement, she moved forward and made it safely beyond the yard on Sunday.  She hustled by the property on Monday without any hesitation.  Another neighbor mentioned that a load of nails had been spilled in the street, so we should be careful.  I checked Morgan's hooves, but didn't see anything.  We'll find a new street to go down until that one gets cleaned up.
March 30, 2014
Trying out the new George Lawrence saddle that arrived that day
Was so excited, I didn't even change into riding jeans/boots

* Zoltar passed away June 30, 2014.  Miss that greyhound like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment