Friday, November 23, 2012

November 23, 2012 - Morgan: 30-45 min ride, 30 min trailer

Had an hour to ride so I hopped on Morg.  Was going to pony Smoke, but she layed down in the turn out and didn't show signs of getting up anytime soon.

Rode Morg around the yard before heading out the gate.  She moved at a constant fast walk, but hesitated at the corner so I let her wander.  We went through the ravine that used to be the street.  She stopped and tried turning or crow-hopping quite a few times between Amy's gate and the next property.  I had to work hard to keep her going forward, but we made it to our destination before turning back towards the house.

Wandered in and out of the desert a few times and then in the front driveway.  Untacked her and then decided to work on loading in the new trailer.  I climbed in and asked politely to have her step in.  After 30 minutes I had her front two hooves in three times in a row, so I called it a success and fed her.  

Good work day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment