Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30, 2012 - Almost went team sorting

We were invited to a team setting session at Kelly's and decided to ride over.  I tacked up with the hornless but it felt like it was pinching her shoulders, so I switched over to the treeless.  Good idea since Morg was in heat, excited, and a little silly.

We had to run around the house a few times to work the sill out.  Hella fun for me, but a lot of work for her ... especially with it pushing 90 degrees.  Then Bill had to run Majesty around to get his silly out as well.  A good 30 minutes after walking out the door, we were able to start heading to Kelly's.

Morg was nervous and difficult to ride, but she stayed with me and tried hard.  I couldn't keep her in a straight line unless she was behind Majesty, but she walks faster than Maj so I kept having to bring her to a slow walk.  Three times we let them trot and/or lope.  I never worried about bringing her back to a walk or that she'd run off with me.  Twice she tried to turn home, but only needed gentle correction to keep going forward.

We made it to a quarter mile from Kelly's but we were all tired so we headed home down a different path.  She did much better heading home than going out, but she was tired.  We let them have their heads one property from the house, but I couldn't coax her into more than a lope.  We hosed them off and let them hang out in the arena for the rest of the day.  

Good day - not a great day - but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment