Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28, 2012 - Trying on the new saddle

If you ever want to know how awesome your horse is, buy a new saddle.

I hauled the saddle out and dropped it on Morgan's back while she was eating.  It looked good, so I decided to sit in it ... brought the step stool in, wrapped the latigo under her belly and tucked it through the cinch strap hole, and climbed on.  Then I realized I had not bridle on.  Hmmm.

Morgan started walking around the stall with just leg pressure, but I couldn't get her to stop because Majesty was trying to bite her over the rails.  Thankfully she did stop at the far end of the stall with a tug on her mane and I hopped off.

Only then did I realize how stupid that idea was.  The saddle wasn't on securely and it could have been bad.  Silly me.  I got a cinch, cinch strap, saddle pad, and the bitless and spent the next 20 minutes adjusting the saddle placement and stirrups.

Once I got it set, I climbed up and had Morg do a quick lap around the turn out.  Took 3 tries to get the saddle set up right.  Bet she was glad to see me go!

No comments:

Post a Comment