Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, 2012

We were supposed to ride with Wade yesterday, but we never received a call.

This morning I fed everyone and went out for an hour later for a ride.  I groomed Morg, but Mochie made it clear she wanted a ride so I took her first.  Been a while since I rode her around the property, but she handled it like a champ.  She barely trotted when asked for more speed (more like a fast walk, wait, and then trot if I continued to ask), but her steering was great!

I put her away and saddled Morgan.  Had to ask her to stand twice for mounting (without stool), and she started walking off before I was in the saddle.  Once I sat she began to trot towards the dogs area before I could get my foot in the stirrup. No matter, I found the stirrup once we stopped at the kitty condo for snacks.  She was bold today so we went round the yard to the planter then to the street.  We rode around the front of the property where the "dunes" are by the neighbors.  She flat out hauled ass to the tack shed.  Hella fun!

I laughed with delight and hopped off to hug her.  Since it was 90 degrees, I called it a day.  As I was leading her back to the turnout, she stopped.  I asked her to follow me, but she planted herself.  She wasn't done :)  I asked again and she walked in to the turnout.

Later I bathed Sundance, Majesty, Traveller, and Wasabi

No comments:

Post a Comment