Saturday, March 11, 2017

Bill's First 5K!

3.11 miles - Bill, me, and the kid
Ready, set, run away with the circus! Wearing my lucky Solmate Socks, because life is too short for matching socks
The kid and I spend 3 to 4 days a week jogging so we can compete in the local 5K events.  Bill decided to join in the fun and accompany us for the Cirque du Soliel run.
He did very well and I am proud to say we finished in the top 2/3rds of the pack.
There were over 750 runners for this event, plus there were walkers, all on the same trail. Some of the Cirque performers joined in the run while others rode bikes and offered encouragement as we jogged by.
After the race, there was a trapeze class for all the kids who participated, face painting, and pictures with the performers.  I am pretty proud of my little running troupe.  Can't wait for the 8K event in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment