Monday, January 9, 2017

Gun shots too close to the house

24 minutes - 1.51 miles
After chores were done, I decided to take Rhulain out for a walk.  She is also in heat, so her head wasn't screwed on correctly.  She pranced, kicked, reared, and trotted with her head and tail held high as we went by the neighbors or whenever she heard another horse. Sigh.
 When she realized silly behavior wasn't going to get her out of work, she started to get in the game.  I asked her to trot and worked on having her pull me for a while.  She did great, my knee didn't fair as well, so we settled for a fast walk.
About half a mile from the house, we heard a quad close to our location.  We never saw the quad, but shortly after hearing him cross our path we heard shots being fired.  Rhu and I hustled home and I called the police once Rhu was safe in her stall.  It's illegal to shoot that close to the houses and dangerous for Rhu and I.   Thankfully nothing bad happened, but I sure don't want it happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment