Sunday, January 1, 2017

First Ride of 2017!

48 minutes - 1.5 miles
The clouds were amazing today ... all fluffy and white!  No resolutions for me ... just a promise to Rhulain to work on softness.
 Rhulain and I heading out for our first ride of the year.  We spent time doing some ground work, lots of grooming, and snuggling.  We rode around the yard for a bit and then headed out the gate.
 I walked with her for the first half mile, then hopped on the saddle and rode home.  Only once did she start trotting without being asked, but she came down to a walk with a vocal command.  *happy sigh* 
Love, love, love my Morgans.

Missed riding with Bill.  We haven't ridden together since last year's new year's day ride.  I miss spending horse time with my spouse: our talks, our comfortable silences, and our alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment