Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Odd Situation.

Tuesday, October 28th  20 minute ride 
Solo

I decided to take a quick ride with the remaining 20-30 minutes of fading light.  As I saddled up, I heard quads going by but I didn't pay much attention to where they were.
Heading out for a nice quiet ride

Morg and I dashed out the gate and headed on our "normal" route up to the sand dune within sight of our house.  She seemed to want to be riding, because she took off in a trot and never slowed down ... until we went up the sand dune and cut right ... then she completely stopped.  
A blur of motion as Morg and I cruised down familiar pathways

I looked up to see three men standing around and two quads.  Odd.  I asked if we could pass through, because I wasn't sure what the proper etiquette was for situations such as this. I mean, what does one say?  "Hello, pardon our intrusion on your ... um ... suspicious gathering"?  And really, why were they hiding on the back side of a sand dune?  Wives looking for you or something?  One of the men said we were real quiet. What is an appropriate response? Apologize or say thank you?  I merely nodded and that seemed sufficient.
Sometimes her trotting makes for the most interesting pictures ... love the swirling motion of this one

I said we'd be out of their way in a moment and Morgan and I were off again clambering down the far side of the dune when she spotted another quad in our way.  Hmmm. This must belong to the guy that was standing on the sand dune, but why was it parked at the bottom of the tallest sand dune. Odd and odder.
The light was fading fast, so we had to hustle ... no time to wait for the camera to focus

We skirted around the quad (with Ms. Morgan snorting challenges at it the whole time) and went on our way.  Once we got to the salt flats, I asked Morg to head around another sand dune ... I figured she was making good time and we needed the extra mileage.  Once we were on the backside of the dune, one of the quads fired up and started heading our way. I decided to cut the ride short and head home on a path parallel to the quad.  Once we entered our gate, the other two quads came down the road right behind us. Great, now they know where I live. Guess Bill will have to accompany Morg and I for a while to be on the safe side.
Safely in our front yard, we stopped by Morgan's favorite snacking area


No comments:

Post a Comment