Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 2013

April 1, 2013
Morgan

April 2, 2013
Morgan

April 7, 2013
Mochie & Majesty
A snake slithered under Mochie as we were stopped on a plateau. She had been acting strangely but didn't spook. I did though.  First time I'd seen a snake while riding. Yuck.
Also, both horses started acting stupid on the way back to the house.  Came over a sand dune to see some sort of carcass in our path.  Looks like it had been there a while. Double Yuck.

Note to self, when Mochie tries to tell you something, listen. Sheesh. 

April 10, 2013
Morgan

April 11, 2013
Morgan (Bill rode her), Mochie (I rode)

April 12, 2013
Came home to find our goat Rail's head hanging limply through the fencing.  Thought she was dead.  Turned out she was still alive.  Let Luppy nuzzle her while I went to the house and grabbed my gun. 

Sang you are my sunshine to her then had to shoot her in the head.  Stayed with her until she stopped breathing.  So hard.  That's the fourth goat we've lost in a year.  Not sure I'm cut out for this rancher type life. Sorry Rail ... hope you're frolicking with Benny, Joon, and Lucy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment