Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

** August 4, 2012 - Majesty and Morgan: hooves trimmed **

Planned on taking Sabi out since she was in the turn out, but something made me put her away.  I pulled out the saddle and Morg practically put it on herself she was so ready to go.

* Noticed the left flap on the saddle is separating.  Have to watch it

We walked out in the open area behind their stalls, about 3/4 of the way to the street before I mounted.  She does much better without the stool.  She blasted back the way we came and continued past the shed and down the driveway.  She wanted to go left but I turned her round and we ran back ... she lost footing and then began to walk.  She wasn't pulling , so I let her head round the top of the turn out and along the fence line.  

Sun was in our eyes, so I turned her around again.  This time we went left at the end of the driveway, but the yard art, and over to the planter where we stopped to snack.  I moved her on, making our way through the narrow walkway and two steps on the cement with no hesitation.  She eyed the PT Cruiser as if it would eat her, but ignored the other 3 cars.  Who knows?

Down the driveway, over to the goats, back round the tack shed, big spook (two huge side steps) and then near the propane tank to eat grass by the cat condo. She was responsive, kept a great pace, and (mostly) level-headed. 

She would have headed out to the open desert - heck, she would have gone anywhere I asked - she wanted to get out and have fun.

Love, love, love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment